Attendees must respect common sense rules for public behavior, personal interaction, common courtesy, and respect for private property. Harassing, offensive, or generally unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. All illegal actions will be immediately reported to the appropriate authorities. American Mensa reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including but not limited to immediate removal from the event without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior.
Examples of unacceptable behavior include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Unwelcome physical contact, verbal aggression, and other forms of harassment toward other attendees, presenters, vendors, or event staff
- Disruption of presentations, game-play, or any other events organized by American Mensa in the general event space at the event venue, hotels, or other American Mensa-contracted facilities
- Violation of event space policies reserved for children and teens (and their guardians)
- Intoxication, to the point of interfering with other members or becoming a hazard to yourself
- Tampering with food or drinks consumed by others
- Damage or destruction of American Mensa-contracted venue space
If someone is causing you discomfort, please tell them and/or contact an event Host Committee member or ExComm member. If you need immediate and direct intervention for your personal safety, call 911.
We reserve the right to remove anyone from CT & WMA Mensa events for inappropriate behavior with no refund of registration or other fees. Depending on the severity of the incident, American Mensa may take further action following the event.